- 1 What are the topics in general mathematics?
- 2 What is the importance of general mathematics?
- 3 What is function in general mathematics with example?
- 4 How do you write a one to one function?
- 5 What is general math in high school?
- 6 Who is the father of mathematics?
- 7 Where do we use math in real life?
- 8 What is Mathematics in your own words?
- 9 What is a real life example of a function?
- 10 What is function explain?
- 11 What are the 3 types of relation?
What are the topics in general mathematics?
Stage 1 General Mathematics consists of the following seven topics:
- Investing and Borrowing.
- Statistical Investigation.
- Applications of Trigonometry.
- Linear and Exponential Functions and their Graphs.
- Matrices and Networks.
- Open Topic.
What is the importance of general mathematics?
Mathematics makes our life orderly and prevents chaos. Certain qualities that are nurtured by mathematics are power of reasoning, creativity, abstract or spatial thinking, critical thinking, problem-solving ability and even effective communication skills.
What is function in general mathematics with example?
A function is a mapping from a set of inputs (the domain) to a set of possible outputs (the codomain). The definition of a function is based on a set of ordered pairs, where the first element in each pair is from the domain and the second is from the codomain.
How do you write a one to one function?
If the graph of a function f is known, it is easy to determine if the function is 1 -to- 1. Use the Horizontal Line Test. If no horizontal line intersects the graph of the function f in more than one point, then the function is 1 -to- 1.
What is general math in high school?
The General Mathematics course introduces fundamental math concepts. The topics include whole numbers, operations on whole numbers, fractions, decimals, ratios, rates, and proportions. The focus is on learning the computational procedures and then applying the skills to problem solving in applications.
Who is the father of mathematics?
Archimedes is known as the Father Of Mathematics. He lived between 287 BC – 212 BC. Syracuse, the Greek island of Sicily was his birthplace.
Where do we use math in real life?
10 Ways We Use Math Everyday
- Chatting on the cell phone. Chatting on the cell phone is the way of communicating for most people nowadays.
- In the kitchen. Baking and cooking requires some mathematical skill as well.
- Keeping a diary.
- Planning an outing.
- Planning dinner parties.
What is Mathematics in your own words?
Mathematics is the science that deals with the logic of shape, quantity and arrangement. Math is all around us, in everything we do. The needs of math arose based on the wants of society. The more complex a society, the more complex the mathematical needs.
What is a real life example of a function?
A weekly salary is a function of the hourly pay rate and the number of hours worked. Compound interest is a function of initial investment, interest rate, and time. Supply and demand: As price goes up, demand goes down.
What is function explain?
A technical definition of a function is: a relation from a set of inputs to a set of possible outputs where each input is related to exactly one output. We can write the statement that f is a function from X to Y using the function notation f:X→Y.
What are the 3 types of relation?
The types of relations are nothing but their properties. There are different types of relations namely reflexive, symmetric, transitive and anti symmetric which are defined and explained as follows through real life examples.