- 1 How do I make a table of specification?
- 2 What is TOS table of specification?
- 3 What is two way table of specification?
- 4 How do you calculate the number of items in TOS?
- 5 What are the three forms of specification?
- 6 How do you create a test question?
- 7 What are the components of TOS?
- 8 Can a teacher have a test without making TOS?
- 9 How do you create a multiple choice test?
- 10 What are the different types of specifications?
- 11 What are the components of table of specification?
- 12 What is the importance of constructing table of specification?
- 13 How do we calculate percentage?
- 14 What is the first step in planning for a test?
- 15 What are the different types of test questions?
How do I make a table of specification?
How to create a Table of Specifications ( TOS ) in 5 Easy Steps
- Step 1- Determine the coverage of your exam.
- Step 2- Determine your testing objectives for each topic area.
- Step 3- Determine the duration for each content area.
- Step 4- Determine the Test Types for each objective.
- Step 5- Polish your terms of specification.
What is TOS table of specification?
The table of specifications ( TOS ) is a tool used to ensure that a test or assessment measures the content and thinking skills that the test intends to measure. Thus, when used appropriately, it can provide response content and construct (i.e., response process) validity evidence.
What is two way table of specification?
Table of specifications is a two – way chart which describes the topics to be covered in a test and the number of items or points which will be associated with each topic.
How do you calculate the number of items in TOS?
Determine the number of the items for each topic. This can be done by multiplying the percentage allocation for each topic by the total number of items to be constructed.
What are the three forms of specification?
Generally, there are three different types of construction specifications found in contracts: prescriptive specifications, performance specifications, and proprietary specifications.
How do you create a test question?
4 Big Rules for Writing Test Questions
- Write for Clarity. The best questions don’t require lengthy explanations, creative hypotheticals, or dramatic rewordings.
- Write for Brevity.
- Get a Reviewer.
- Answer Them Yourself Later.
- True or False Questions.
- Multiple Choice Questions.
- Short Answer Questions.
- Essay Questions.
What are the components of TOS?
The TOS depends on the following components; topic discussed, number of hours or meetings the topic was discussed, total number of hours used in discussing topics, and the total number of test items to be constructed. These four components basically dictate the contents of the TOS.
Can a teacher have a test without making TOS?
A teacher cannot have a test with content validity without making TOS. It is because when there is no table of specification, the tendency for the test maker to focus too much on facts and concepts at the knowledge level. TOS is a test map that guides the teacher in constructing a test.
How do you create a multiple choice test?
- Limit the number of alternatives.
- Make sure there is only one best answer.
- Make the distractors appealing and plausible.
- Make the choices gramatically consistent with the stem.
- Place the choices in some meaningful order.
- Randomly distribute the correct response.
- Avoid using “all of the above”.
What are the different types of specifications?
Four Types of “Specifications ”
- Product Specification: This describes a manufacturer’s product and its performance without consideration for a particular building.
- Project Specification: This describes an architect’s design and performance requirements for a particular building.
- Master Specification:
- Guide Specification:
What are the components of table of specification?
Tables of Specification typically are designed based on the list of course objectives, the topics covered in class, the amount of time spent on those topics, textbook chapter topics, and the emphasis and space provided in the text.
What is the importance of constructing table of specification?
What is the purpose of table of specifications: The most important of table of specifications is to achieve balance in the test and to identify the achievement domains being measured and to ensure that a fair and representative sample of questions appear on the test.
How do we calculate percentage?
How To Calculate Percent
- Determine the total or whole amount.
- Divide the number to be expressed as a percent by the total. In most cases, you’ll divide the smaller number by the larger number.
- Multiple the resulting value by 100.
What is the first step in planning for a test?
Stages in test construction: Planning, Preparing, Reviewing, Revising Test Items. The first step in constructing a test is to determine the content, the scope of the test, as well as the manner in which test items should be developed. This process is referred to as “ planning a test ”.
What are the different types of test questions?
This tips sheet contains a brief description of seven types of examination questions, as well as tips for using each of them: 1) multiple choice, 2) true/false, 3) matching, 4) short answer, 5) essay, 6) oral, and 7) computational.