How do you calculate square root in Excel?
Top 5 Ways to Calculate SQUARE Root in Excel
- SQRT (number)
- = SQRT (A1)
- = SQRT (ABS(A1))
- POWER(number, power)
- =Number. Sqrt ([Numbers])
What is the formula for square in Excel?
Type =N^2 into the cell, where N is the number you want to square. For example, to insert the square of 5 into cell A1, type =5^2 into the cell. Press Enter to see the result. Tip: You can also click into another cell to see the squared result.
How do you calculate power in Excel?
Excel POWER Function
- Summary. The Excel POWER function returns a number to a given power.
- Raise a number to a power.
- Number raised to power.
- = POWER (number, power )
- number – Number to raise to a power. power – Power to raise number to (the exponent).
- Version. Excel 2003.
- The POWER function can be used to raise a number to a given power.
What is the opposite of square root?
The square root function is the inverse of the squaring function just as subtraction is the inverse of addition. To undo squaring, we take the square root. In general terms, if a is a positive real number, then the square root of a is a number that, when multiplied by itself, gives a.
How do I calculate BMI in Excel?
What To Do
- Open Microsoft Excel, then press Alt+F11on keyboard, so VBE (Visual Basic Editor) window is displayed.
- Open a module by selecting Module on Insert menu and write this script: Function BMI (weight, height) BMI = weight / (height / 100) ^ 2 End Function.
- Close the VBE window and back to Excel.
How do I write cm2 in Excel?
Keyboard shortcuts for superscript and subscript in Excel
- Select one or more characters you want to format.
- Press Ctrl + 1 to open the Format Cells dialog box.
- Then press either Alt + E to select the Superscript option or Alt + B to select Subscript.
- Hit the Enter key to apply the formatting and close the dialog.
What is the shortcut key for square root?
The Alt code for the symbol for the Square root is Alt +251 or 221A, then Alt+X. Follow these three simple steps to attach the symbol using the Alt code: – Position the pointer in the place where you want the square root symbol inserted. – Press and hold down the Alt key and type 251 from the numeric keypad.
What is a square root of 69?
Square Root Table 1-100