- 1 What is vice versa with example?
- 2 What is the symbol for vice versa?
- 3 What is the opposite of vice versa?
- 4 Can I start a sentence with Vice Versa?
- 5 How do you use vice in a sentence?
- 6 How can we use vice versa in a question?
- 7 How do you write vice versa in short form?
- 8 What does vice versa mean in Spanish?
- 9 Where does the word vice come from?
- 10 Can you use vice versa in an essay?
- 11 What is vice versa in Tagalog?
- 12 How do you use conversely in a sentence?
- 13 How do you use vie in a sentence?
- 14 Does Vice mean instead of?
- 15 Is it vice or vise?
What is vice versa with example?
phrase. Vice versa is used to indicate that the reverse of what you have said is true. For example ‘people can perform some tasks better than machines can and vice versa ‘ means that machines can perform some tasks better than people can.
What is the symbol for vice versa?
|VV||Village Vanguard ( jazz club: in Greenwich Village, New York, NY)|
|VV||Vibo Valentia (postcode, Italy)|
What is the opposite of vice versa?
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for vice versa. contrarily, conversely, inversely, oppositely.
Can I start a sentence with Vice Versa?
Here are examples of vice versa in a sentence: The teacher claims the boy is lying, and, of course, vice versa. You can start on the left then move over to the right, or vice versa. The Yankees increased their pressure on the Red Sox, and vice versa, but the Sox were victorious in the end.
How do you use vice in a sentence?
Examples of vice in a Sentence Noun Such men are prone to vice. He thought gambling was a vice. Eating too much is my vice. The city is a den of filth and vice.
How can we use vice versa in a question?
You use it as some sort of a placeholder to avoid repetition in the situations when you mentioned a pair of elements whose places in the meaning can be switched. For example: Should we eat now, and then see the movie, or vice versa? (= or see the movie now, and then eat?) The egg comes from the chicken, and vice versa.
How do you write vice versa in short form?
- vice versâ (with marked ablative)
- vice – versa.
- v.v. ( abbreviation )
What does vice versa mean in Spanish?
Spanish Translation. viceversa. More Spanish words for vice versa. viceversa adverb.
Where does the word vice come from?
The word is Latin in origin, tracing back to the word vitium, meaning “fault, vice.” It entered English by way of Anglo-French during the 14th century. The word vise is another thing entirely. It refers to a tool with two jaws for holding something.
Can you use vice versa in an essay?
The phrase is commonly found in formal essays. If you ‘re worried about including it an academic paper, don’t worry. “ Vice versa,” being Latin is not inappropriate in the context of an academic paper. On the contrary, it is widely used and not at all frowned upon.
What is vice versa in Tagalog?
Filipino Translation. kabaligtaran. More Filipino words for vice versa. kabaligtaran adverb.
How do you use conversely in a sentence?
Conversely in a Sentence
- The trip wasn’t all good, and conversely, it wasn’t all bad.
- Conversely, if you don’t hug your children often, they may grow up to become unaffectionate people.
- While my husband is a Republican voter, I, conversely, am a member of the Democratic Party.
How do you use vie in a sentence?
Vie in a Sentence
- In the championship game, the two teams will vie for the national title.
- The competitive twins often vie for the attention of their parents.
- This year eight candidates will vie for their political party’s endorsement.
Does Vice mean instead of?
vice – comes from Latin, where it has the meaning ” in place of, instead of. ” It is attached to roots and sometimes words and means “deputy; ” it is used esp. in the titles of officials who serve in the absence of the official named by the base word: vice -chancellor; vice -chairman.
Is it vice or vise?
In American English, the noun vise refers to a gripping or clamping tool. As a verb, vise means to force, hold, or squeeze as if with a vise. In both cases the British spelling is vice.