- 1 What is a subscript number?
- 2 What means subscript?
- 3 How do you use subscripts in an equation?
- 4 What is an example of a subscript?
- 5 What does a subscript tell you?
- 6 Why do we use subscript?
- 7 What is another word for subscript?
- 8 How do you write subscript?
- 9 How do I write math equations in Word?
- 10 How do you superscript left in Word?
What is a subscript number?
A superscript or subscript is a number, figure, symbol, or indicator that is smaller than the normal line of type and is set slightly above it (superscript) or below it ( subscript ).
What means subscript?
: a distinguishing symbol (such as a letter or numeral) written immediately below or below and to the right or left of another character.
How do you use subscripts in an equation?
In Office’s built-in equation editor you can type ^ (caret) for superscript followed by your text, and subscript is _ (underscore) followed by the text.
What is an example of a subscript?
Subscript is the text which a small letter/number is written after a particular letter/number. It is used when writing chemical compounds. An example of subscript is N2. Superscript is the small letter / number above a particular letter / number.
What does a subscript tell you?
Chemical formulas use letters and numbers to represent chemical species (i.e., compounds, ions). The numbers appearing as subscripts in the chemical formula indicate the number of atoms of the element immediately before the subscript. If no subscript appears, one atom of that element is present.
Why do we use subscript?
A subscript is a character, usually a letter or number, that’s printed slightly below and to the side of another character. Subscripts are commonly used in chemical formulas. That’s what subscript is for, to set certain characters apart from others.
What is another word for subscript?
In this page you can discover 14 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for subscript, like: superscript, inferior, relator, delimiters, parenthesis, operand, integer, I.J, hexadecimal, sequel and index.
How do you write subscript?
Alternatively, you can find other keyboard apps on the Play Store that allows typing subscript.
- Open the text where you want to type subscript.
- Switch your keyboard to the Engineering Keyboard.
- Tap the nnn super/ subscript icon on the bottom-left.
- Tap the subscript character you want to type.
How do I write math equations in Word?
To bring up the Equation Editor, On the Insert tab, in the Symbols group, click the arrow next to Equation, and then click Insert New Equation. This will bring up the equation editor toolbar and will place an edit box at the insertion point in the document.
How do you superscript left in Word?
Inserting left – subscripts
- At the place in the document where you want to insert the left subscript,
- Click the control with e^x (e and a superscripted x) on it.
- In the pane that opens, click the option with an array of 3 boxes, two of.
- In the Equation Equator control, type a space in the upper left -hand box,
- Press End twice.