- 1 How many dots are required for 7 rectangles?
- 2 What is given in problem solving?
- 3 What are the given facts?
- 4 What are the 10 problem solving strategies?
- 5 What is asked in the problem meaning?
- 6 What are the 7 steps in solving a problem?
- 7 What are some examples of problem solving?
- 8 What are problem solving models?
- 9 What is number family?
- 10 What is the fact family of 3?
- 11 What is a fact family with only 2 facts?
- 12 What are the six common problem solving approaches?
- 13 What is the easiest strategy in problem solving?
- 14 What are three problem solving strategies?
How many dots are required for 7 rectangles?
a) The number of dots required for 7 rectangles is 52.
What is given in problem solving?
Problem solving is the act of defining a problem; determining the cause of the problem; identifying, prioritizing, and selecting alternatives for a solution; and implementing a solution. The problem – solving process.
What are the given facts?
The given facts are the numbers or values presented in the problem.
What are the 10 problem solving strategies?
The 10 problem solving strategies include:
- Guess and check.
- Make a table or chart.
- Draw a picture or diagram.
- Act out the problem.
- Find a pattern or use a rule.
- Check for relevant or irrelevant information.
- Find smaller parts of a large problem.
- Make an organised list.
What is asked in the problem meaning?
This asks about the question or the problem in the situation. Usually, it asks of the number of something missing or asked in the word problem. It is written in a statement form like the example above.
What are the 7 steps in solving a problem?
Effective problem solving is one of the key attributes that separate great leaders from average ones.
- Step 1: Identify the Problem.
- Step 2: Analyze the Problem.
- Step 3: Describe the Problem.
- Step 4: Look for Root Causes.
- Step 5: Develop Alternate Solutions.
- Step 6: Implement the Solution.
- Step 7: Measure the Results.
What are some examples of problem solving?
Some key problem-solving skills include:
- Active listening.
- Decision making.
What are problem solving models?
Problem solving models are used to address the many challenges that arise in the workplace. Complex challenges for teams, working groups and boards etc., are usually solved more quickly by using a shared, collaborative, and systematic approach to problem solving.
What is number family?
Recognise three numbers that are related through the operations of addition and subtraction. Recognise that there are two related addition and two subtraction equations in a ‘ family of facts’.
What is the fact family of 3?
Fact family: It is a set of four related multiplication and division facts that use the same three numbers. For example: The fact family for 3, 8 and 24 is a set of four multiplication and division facts. Two are multiplication facts, whereas the other two are division facts.
What is a fact family with only 2 facts?
Fact families involving doubles facts consist of only two facts. For example, the addition/subtraction fact family for the numbers 7, 7,and 14 consists of the following: 7 + 7 = 14, 14 – 7 = 7.
What are the six common problem solving approaches?
Six step guide to help you solve problems
- Step 1: Identify and define the problem. State the problem as clearly as possible.
- Step 2: Generate possible solutions.
- Step 3: Evaluate alternatives.
- Step 4: Decide on a solution.
- Step 5: Implement the solution.
- Step 6: Evaluate the outcome.
What is the easiest strategy in problem solving?
Guess and check is one of the simplest strategies. Anyone can guess an answer. If they can also check that the guess fits the conditions of the problem, then they have mastered guess and check.
What are three problem solving strategies?
Many different strategies exist for solving problems. Typical strategies include trial and error, applying algorithms, and using heuristics. To solve a large, complicated problem, it often helps to break the problem into smaller steps that can be accomplished individually, leading to an overall solution.