- 1 What does dots stand for in math?
- 2 What is DOTS in factoring?
- 3 What does middle dot mean in algebra?
- 4 Does dot mean multiply?
- 5 What do dots mean?
- 6 Is 8 a perfect square?
- 7 Is 1 a perfect square?
- 8 What is the sum of two cubes?
- 9 Where is the dot on the keyboard?
- 10 How do you put a dot in the middle of text?
- 11 How do you get the middle dot on Iphone?
What does dots stand for in math?
DOTS stands for Difference of Two Squares (mathematics)
What is DOTS in factoring?
difference of two squares ( DOTS )
What does middle dot mean in algebra?
In mathematics and science In mathematics, a small middle dot can be used to represent product; for example, x ∙ y for the product of x and y. In situations where the interpunct is used as a decimal point, the multiplication sign used is usually a full stop (period), not an interpunct.
Does dot mean multiply?
The dot signifies multiplication. To multiply numeric values, as in “2 multiplied by 3′, enter ‘2*3’, where the symbol ‘*’ can be entered through ‘Shift+8’.
What do dots mean?
|DOTS||Dynamic Ocean Tracking System Governmental » Transportation||Rate it:|
|DOTS||Directly Observed Treatment, Short Miscellaneous » Unclassified||Rate it:|
|DOTS||Duration, Opportunity, Transmission probability, and Susceptibility Medical » Prevention — and more||Rate it:|
Is 8 a perfect square?
In mathematics, a square is a product of a whole number with itself. For instance, the product of a number 2 by itself is 4. In this case, 4 is termed as a perfect square. A square of a number is denoted as n × n. Example 1.
|6 x 6||36|
|7 x 7||49|
|8 x 8||64|
|9 x 9||81|
Is 1 a perfect square?
Informally: When you multiply an integer (a “whole” number, positive, negative or zero) times itself, the resulting product is called a square number, or a perfect square or simply “a square.” So, 0, 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100, 121, 144, and so on, are all square numbers.
What is the sum of two cubes?
The sum or difference of two cubes can be factored into a product of a binomial times a trinomial. That is, x3 +y3=( x+y )(x2−xy+y2) and x3 −y3=(x−y)(x2+xy+y2).
Where is the dot on the keyboard?
Alternatively referred to as a full stop or dot, a period (. ) is a punctuation mark commonly found on the same US QWERTY keyboard key as the greater than ( > ).
How do you put a dot in the middle of text?
Putting a Bullet in the Middle of a Sentence
- Choose Symbol from the Insert menu. Word displays the Insert Symbol dialog box.
- Make sure that (normal text ) is selected in the Font drop-down list. (See Figure 1.)
- In the table of symbols, select the bullet character.
- Click on Insert. The bullet is inserted in your document.
- Click on Close.
How do you get the middle dot on Iphone?
From the keyboard, press option-8. Perfect. Thanks, Barry.